Next gnucash version numbers

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 16:42:29 EDT 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 9:28 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Additionally, I propose that we should start as soon as possible with
> pre-releases of the upcoming gnucash-2.0.0, which can still be in a quite
> buggy state. I propose that we make an extra release cycle from these,
> starting from "gnucash-1.9.0" and then be continued as gnucash-1.9.x. The
> 1.9.x  series should be considered "alpha" or "beta" releases, i.e. not for
> production use but only for testing and bugfixes.

Or we could continue with the 1.99.x mark of CVS and clearly tag each as a
pre-release:
1.99-pre1 etc. (pilot-link does it this way).

This, to me, indicates that it is a test/bugfix build only. 1.9.0 looks more
like a normal release.

> they are really only supposed for testing by people who don't want to deal
> with CVS. IIRC there has been some talk about automating this task already;
> that's even better.

Do all the tests work now? If we can do a make distcheck then it would be
possible to automate it - I do this already for cashutil. I check in changes
and then build it to a make distcheck on the server. Naturally, this is a
quiet server! (and cashutil is a much smaller codebase!)

--

Neil Williams