building 1.8 (was: "make dist" shouldn't create doxygen documentation)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Oct 16 17:23:03 EDT 2005

Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2005 22:59 schrieb Neil Williams:
> On Sunday 16 October 2005 9:42 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > I'm now testing the tarball here... well, it works and runs "make
> > distcheck". I guess it should work for you as well?
>
> You can run make distcheck? Why won't that work on Debian? I get scheme
> errors!
>
> Can you run make check on the entire tree without any errors now?

I am talking about the gnucash-1-8-branch, right? As I said, I can run "make
distcheck" successfully. "make check" will spill some output that looks like
an error, but eventually it always says "xy Tests passed".

The other remark from you rather sounds like you should consider switching to
a different distribution for some time. The world really doesn't revolve
around Debian ;-) does it. I have of course zero idea why things wouldn't
work on Debian, and I honestly couldn't care less. My point was that the
current 1.8 tarball does happen to work on suse9.3 and that's it.

Actually to be honest I ran

  make DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS=--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu distcheck

because it's a known problem of suse that people will have to specify the
--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu or otherwise the configure script will misinterpret
the features of the installed compiler/linker.

Christian