[Gnucash-changes] Fixing UTF-8 support in X sessions

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Mon Oct 17 15:05:36 EDT 2005

Actually, adding UTF-8 to an arbitrary locale might be dangerous. It
should only be a temporary workaround, but should not make its way to a
release.
For instance, on fedora2, the Japanese locale doesn't have an utf8
counterpart. (By the way, Japanese translations of gnucash exist... so
we must have some users running gnucash in Japanese).

prompt> locale -a | grep jp
ja_JP.eucjp

Didier.