configure.in: use GNUCASH_VERSION in AC_INIT

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 18 05:22:38 EDT 2005

Dear Derek,

in the other CVS branches we define the version-string of gnucash via
GNUCASH_VERSION=$GNUCASH_MAJOR_VERSION.$GNUCASH_MINOR_VERSION.$GNUCASH_MICRO_VERSION
and use this variable in AC_INIT. This is IMHO a quite convenient way to
define the version number and to ensure that it is consistent between
the build system and also in the program itself. (As another positive
side-effect this would make automated version number changes even easier...)

In gnucash-gnome2-dev branch this was changed into a hard-coded value in
AC_INIT. That change was a patch submitted by Jan Petersen and committed
by you:

Sat Jun 14 19:26:10 2003 UTC by warlord
Patch from Jan Petersen
https://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash/configure.in#rev1.359.2.14
https://cvs.gnucash.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gnucash/configure.in.diff?r1=1.359.2.13;r2=1.359.2.14

I propose that the definition of GNUCASH_VERSION and its usage in
AC_INIT should be put back into configure.in. Or was there are
particular reason for removing that? It doesn't seem so to me.

Christian