CVS automake fails on Fedora Core 3

Casey Cichon casey at wizkid.homelinux.net
Tue Oct 18 11:14:24 EDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 04:24:04PM +0200 or thereabouts, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are your sure that this is an error that causes automake to fail? I get
> that very same message every time I run automake, but it is only a
> warning and automake completes successfully. If there is an error, then
> it appeared in the lines before that. Please post at least 15-20 lines
> of context to that message.
>
> Christian

macros/gnome-gdk-pixbuf.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of
GNOME_CHECK_GDK_PIXBUF
aclocal:configure.in:56: warning: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
aclocal:configure.in:843: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBGLADE' not found in
library
Running autoheader...
Note: you can ignore messages about using deprecated aux files
autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
`config.h.bot'
autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
`config.h.in'
autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
autoheader:
autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see
the
autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
Running automake --gnu  ...
configure.in:1346: required file `intl/Makefile.in' not found
/usr/share/automake-1.9/am/tags.am: ctags was already defined in condition
!GNC_CTAGS_FILE, which is included in condition TRUE ...
Makefile.am:116: ... `ctags' previously defined here
**Error**: automake failed.
[casey at wizkid2 gnucash]$

--
Casey Cichon
casey at wizkid.homelinux.net

Never ascribe to malice that which could merely be incompetence.