Problems building GC (gnome 2) - Resolved

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Wed Oct 19 00:27:46 EDT 2005

Chris Shoemaker wrote:
 > ./autogen.sh CFLAGS="-Wno-uninitialized"
 >
 > is the quickest way to continue forward.
 >
 > -chris

Thanks everyone for your support to get GC build on my system.  I think
this was the third or fourth time I've tried over the past year.
Needless to say, I'm really excited it finally worked.

My reasoning for building GC from CVS is to test/use the Gnome2 port and
check if some of the problems I've encountered in the past with the
1.8.x branch are still an issue.
My main question is now:  How would you like to receive feedback?

I've looked at the program for a couple of minutes, crashed the system
once and noticed a few things but I don't know if I should post these to
the list or enter a Bugzilla bug for it?  Should I collect a bunch of
items to submit at once or should I send them as I find them?  And last
not least, is it too early at this point to be looking at the program
for testing?

Let me know how I could help and I'll do what I can.

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch

mailto:Volker at Englisch.us    (h)