autogen.sh / Now really fix old typo

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Oct 20 09:04:56 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins schrieb:
>> Nevertheless this whole autogen.sh file is IMHO quite a mess.
>> Personally I would now prefer a much simplified version, e.g. like
>> this one
>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ktoblzcheck/ktoblzcheck/autogen.sh?rev=1.5&view=markup
>
> I think it would be nice if we had " || exit 1" at the end of every line.

Alternatively I've added

trap exit ERR

in the beginning of that script, which has the same effect and is more
readable. Although I'm not sure which of both possibilities are more
portable. Surely bash has trap, but I'm not sure about shells elsewhere.

> Also, it would be nice to provide env vars to set those values, so a
> dev could choose a particular version of autoconf by setting AUTOCONF=...

if test x$AUTOCONF = x; then AUTOCONF=autoconf; fi
$AUTOCONF

or similar

> But I agree that simplifying the autogen script is a worthwhile goal for
> g2.

Ok. I'd revisit this once it will become easy to have extra branches for
testing stuff like this.

Christian