autogen.sh / Now really fix old typo

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 20 16:10:53 EDT 2005

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> Derek Atkins schrieb:
>>> Nevertheless this whole autogen.sh file is IMHO quite a
>>> mess. Personally I would now prefer a much simplified version,
>>> e.g. like this one
>>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/ktoblzcheck/ktoblzcheck/autogen.sh?rev=1.5&view=markup
>> I think it would be nice if we had " || exit 1" at the end of every
>> line.
>
> Alternatively I've added
>
> trap exit ERR

Unfortunately it's not portable:

--> uname -a
SunOS kikki.mit.edu 5.10 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
--> /bin/sh
$ trap exit ERR
trap: bad trap

Granted, the configure script sort of already requires bash,
but I'd prefer not to perpetuate that if we can avoid it.
(Configure requires it because of intltool.m4, not because of us
explicitly).