Changelog - (end)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 16:55:19 EDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 8:01 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> Neil,
>
> I can compile gnucash with your recent changes, but the compiled program
> refuses to read my data file.
>   namespace error : Namespace prefix <x> on <y> is not defined
> And then a final error of:
>   element gnc-v2: Schemas validity error : Element 'gnc-v2': No matching
>     global declaration available for the validation root.
>
> David

Check your /tmp/gnucash.trace - it looks like the directory being set for the
location of the gnc-backend-file library is incorrect. This is set using the
new file, gncla-dir.h.in made into gncla-dir.h by make. It should point to
the ${libdir}.

Any mention of a schema in relation to the XML means that gnucash is trying to
open the file using QSF instead.

I know you usually do a make distclean and I did set gncla-dir.h to be removed
by make distclean. Thereagain, the location of libgnc-backend-file hasn't
changed this commit - only the file setting the location.

You should find an assertion failure from stat in the trace file, followed by
an assertion failure from qof_load_backend_library. It sounds like GNC_LIBDIR
is not the correct location. How does the content of src/engine/gncla-dir.h
compare to the actual location of libgnc-backend-file.la | so etc. ?

I did a clean build (CVS checkout, applypatch, build) before committing this
patch and my gncla-dir.h contains the correct setting: #define GNC_LIBDIR
"/opt/local/g2/lib" in my case. That then gets fed to gnc-engine.c:
  g_return_if_fail((qof_load_backend_library
                (GNC_LIBDIR, GNC_LIB_NAME, GNC_LIB_INIT)));

(the other macros are defined in gnc-engine.c itself.)

--

Neil Williams