Switching from CVS to Subversion: test svn repo available

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 24 14:02:51 EDT 2005

Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:

>> A very important feature for me is that the repository format stills allows
>> me to extract the latest version of things if it gets corrupted.  I'm
>> not sure SVN meets that criterion, but CVS does.  That was the main
>> motivation for us moving from SCCS to RCS before CVS came out.
>
> before CVS came out?!  You've .. um... been around a while, eh?  :)

How young ARE you?  Even /I/ remember the time before CVS.

-derek

PS: I don't need to google.  I very well understand different SCMs and I very
much understand the differences between something like SVN and something like
Bitkeeper.  I still think your arguments are irrelevant for the gnucash
project, and all you're doing is wasting time, bandwidth, and meritocracy
points.