G2 Testing - Scheduled Transactions/Register

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Thu Oct 27 12:04:51 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 10:35 pm, someone claiming to be Volker Englisch
wrote:
> I did some more testing with SX:
>
> - Creating a new SX
>    It appears that the values for the "Days in Advance" for a new SX are
>    being populated from the defaults listed in the preferences for
>    'Scheduled Transactions' even when the preferences are unchecked.
>
>    Set the values in the preferences to anything other then '0', then
>    uncheck the options.
>    Now create a new SX. The values from the preferences are being used
>    _and_ the options are checked by default.

In a related issue:
It would seem to be a good idea to have the preferences dialog mirror the SX
creation Options section.

See screenshot http://www.thewunders.org/files/pics/SX-prefs.jpg

There should be a preference for automatically creating the transaction, and
separate preferences for days in advance to create a transaction, and days in
advance to remind about a transaction.

So the SX preferences screen should look something like:
Since Last Run dialog:
[ ] Run when data file opened

Transaction editor defaults:
[ ] Create automatically
   [ ] Notify me when created (inactive if Create automaticallly is unchecked)

[ ] Create [    ] days in advance
[ ] Remind [    ] days in advance

Regards,
Tim

--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz), Linux 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4
KDE: 3.4.3-1.0.fc4.kde, xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2