G2 Testing - Register Toolbar

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Fri Oct 28 01:21:53 EDT 2005

More testing on the accounts register:
- When opening a register the focus is on the Save button.
   Tabbing forward from there changes the focus to the Accounts tab.
   Tabbing backward from the Accounts tab changes focus to the Transfer
   button.  Only the Transfer and Save buttons can be reached via
   keyboard commands.
   I was expecting that I could tab through all of the buttons but maybe
   they should only be accessible with the mouse?

- Save, Close, Delete, Cancel, Blank, Split, Jump button work OK
   As mentioned before, the Blank, Split, and Transfer button share the
   same icon.
   The Schedule button appears to work but I didn't test it.  Most of the
   scheduled transactions were tested earlier.

- Duplicate button
   When opening the calendar to select a date the calendar doesn't get
   the focus.  You're only able to select a date with the mouse but not
   with the keyboard.
     Sample:  http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/DupCal.jpg

   When duplicating a transaction the 'Duplicate this Transaction' window
   opens with the date highlighted.  Changing the focus to the number
   field either by tabbing or clicking with the mouse keeps the date
   highlighted.

- Transfer button
   When entering a transfer the same behavior for the date field
   in regard to the calendar as explained under Duplicate button exists.
   When searching for an account by typing its name, a little window with
   a single text entry field appears somewhere on the screen listing
   what has been entered.  After a few seconds it disappears.
   Due to the indentation of the sub-accounts the account names in the
   account list are getting cut off while there is plenty of space
   reserved for the account description.
     Sample:  http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/Transfer.jpg
   See how the highlighted account name is cut off.  I would think
   there should be more space available for the account name and less
   for the account description.
   There are no tool tips for the fields under 'Basic Information'
   (but maybe that's too basic anyway)

- Date field in Register
   When the register window is fairly small (around 5 transactions) and
   one tries to change a date by selecting from the calendar the calendar
   window may get cut off and doesn't display an entire month.
     Sample:  http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/RegCal.jpg
   Please note:  This does not happen with the calendar window for the
                 duplicate transaction.
                 Also, opposed to the behavior of the duplicate
                 transaction calendar window the focus _does_ change to
                 the calendar here.

- Enter a transaction
   When entering a transaction with a new account for the transfer field,
   the message box comes up asking to create the account with the two
   buttons 'No' and 'Yes'.  When tabbing between these buttons a third
   focus puts the cursor to the text of the question rather then
   switching between Yes and No.

- Splash Screen
   This is not related to the account register but I don't want to
   forget.
   When starting GC the splash screen gets created in the middle of the
   screen.  During the load of the modules it slightly changes (an extra
   border is added on both sides) and it appears as if the splash jumps
   a little bit.
   The sample shows the screen as it gets created and after it changed:
      http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/Splash.jpg

I have another general question for the developers:
I often see messages on the console like this
   ALSA lib confmisc.c:955:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
   ALSA lib conf.c:3479:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer
   returned error: Permission denied
   ALSA lib conf.c:3948:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: Permission
   denied
   ALSA lib pcm.c:2090:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
   Usage:program_name [address][:port]

Would you like me to report these as well or should I ignore them at the
moment?

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch