autogen.sh stops when trying cvs g2 build...

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 30 09:32:00 EST 2005

On Sunday 30 October 2005 1:48 pm, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:
> Hi,
> perhaps I've missed something important, but I don't know what ;-)

It looks (to me) like you have a mixed 1.8 and G2 tree (somehow).

> If I try to build a g2 CVS version, then autogen.sh stops with the
> message, that there is no Makefile.in :-(
> Any hints?? Where is my error? I've done a "cvs update -C" before the
> autogen.sh run.....

> /usr/share/aclocal/libguppi.m4:11: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_LIBGUPPI

Guppi was 1.8 only - if you aren't building HEAD or running gnucash 1.8
anymore, remove Guppi.

> lib/Makefile.am:4: required directory lib/glib26 does not exist
> lib/Makefile.am:2: required directory lib/glib26 does not exist

Check why that has happened. lib/glib26 should have been created in the CVS
checkout. What CVS command did you use?

> src/import-export/Makefile.am:1: required directory
> src/import-export/schemas does not exist
> src/import-export/Makefile.am:2: required directory
> src/import-export/schemas does not exist

This looks like a badly corrupted tree but I can't understand what you did to
not get these directories created.

> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0... yes (version 2.6.5)
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.6.0... yes

So this, at least, is a G2 configure that is being run.

> No package 'qof-1' found
> no, will use internal QOF code
> checking for GOffice and GSF... No, GOffice not found, will build using
> internal goffice library.

These are fine - G2 is designed to build with internal versions of these two
if they are not already installed.

> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

As with all such situations, the last error message is rarely important - it
is usually just a consequence of earlier errors.

--

Neil Williams