src/engine/{qof,gnc}la-dir.h not being built

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 15:08:58 EST 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 2:21 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Josh Sled wrote:
> > Noticed during normal upgrade/build cycle (from a cvs update yesterday
> > evening, which was g2-latest), but I `make distclean`ed, re-autogen and
> > re-`make install`ed just to be sure...
> >
> > ... src/engine/{qof,gnc}la-dir.h is not being built:
> >   qof.h:99:23: qofla-dir.h: No such file or directory
> >   make[3]: *** [gnc-date.lo] Error 1
>
> qofla-dir.h is not included in the BUILT_SOURCES variable which causes
> this problem, I suppose.

Ah, OK.

> The Makefile is set up in a way that qofla-dir.h and the whole qof files
> will only be built if USE_LIBQOF is true.

Yes, if USE_LIBQOF is false, qofla-dir.h is available via the libqof-dev
package in /usr/include/qof/ and as it is a standard QOF header now, it is
included via qof.h, hence the error if it isn't found with USE_LIBQOF = true.

> The variable qof_builds is
> supposed to add qofla-dir.h to BUILT_SOURCES... hm... maybe writing
> $(qof_builds) instead of ${qof_builds} helps?

I didn't think () vs {} was meant to matter but I do try to use {}.

> Or writing
>
> BUILT_SOURCES += qofla-dir.h

Probably better to define a variable that is empty if USE_LIBQOF is false and
contains qofla-dir.h if true. Then add that variable to the existing
BUILT_SOURCES line for both cases. I've had problems with using +=.

Josh - is this problem continuing after you also solved the problem with
gncla-dir.h? It could be an artefact of that problem.

If so (and adding it to BUILT_SOURCES doesn't fix it), I'll look at it and
commit any changes after the CVS->SVN change.

It's partially a result of the vagaries of the gnucash build - in other
programs I simply build the file from AC_OUTPUT in configure - it is then
always available before `make` runs.

--

Neil Williams