Proposal: CVS -> SVN switchover: Nov 6th, hopefully

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Mon Oct 31 18:00:02 EST 2005

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:

> > That is the normal method. I'd also expect to see gnucash/tags/1.8.12
> > and HEAD in gnucash/trunk.
>
> Ah, Bill, you might not have seen
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-October/014333.html which has details about the repository layout and the question re: renaming.

Sorry, I don't follow the -devel list.

I'd definitely drop the gnucash- prefix from the tags and branches. It
will make for a much cleaner repository and it will sort a lot better.
(In other words, no objections to your proposal above. ;-)

If someone is really interested in the history, they can easily get it
with "svn log" and "svn ls -r".

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD