QofBackend / QofSession changes in next commit.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 05:04:52 EDT 2005

On Friday 02 September 2005 8:59 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Dear Neil,
>
> what was your final conclusion / decision about the documentation and
> translation of the backend configuration options in that XML files with
> the backend-schema.xsd.xml? Does this concern your proposed "next commit"?

Yes.

I've ditched the perl script method and I'm about to commit a method that uses
strings in the C files of the backend to provide the translated strings. This
has reduced the size of the XML to just the type and name of the
configuration options and the name of the backend.

The commit will put this into place in the GnuCash file backend and
backend-schema.xsd.xml, in it's final form, will be included in the commit to
QOF. I've got Doxygen documentation included.

> If yes, then I would like to hear where you are now going to put the
> backend configuration option documentation and translation, because the
> backend-schema file on
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/qof/qof/backend/ didn't show any
> change after the discussion 10 days ago...

Sorry for the delay. I had problems getting gettext to work in QOF (so that
QSF can eventually use the same method) but after a short off-list discussion
with Derek I've fixed that.

> If your proposed "next commit" doesn't concern the backend configuration
> options, then just ignore this email :-)

:-)

--

Neil Williams