Linking the shared library FOO.la against the loadable module

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 6 14:00:59 EDT 2005

Yea, GnuCash's previous developers wanted gnucash to be a bunch of Loadable
Modules..  But they never finished the modularlization, and they didn't
understand the difference between a Shared Library and a Loadable Module.

It's part of the brokenness of the current gnucash module architecture.  There
is no simple fix.  It's unclear whether just removing the -module will
actually
solve the problem.  It may be a short-term fix...

In the end, we really need to rethink the modularization effort, and how we
build our application.  What parts REALLY need to be modules, and how do they
link against the core code?

-derek