[Gnucash-changes] Fix function name.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 13:51:13 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 3:01 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 08:01 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Book_Merge and QSF already follow this advice by using strftime and
> > QOF_UTC_DATE_FORMAT.
> > http://qof.sourceforge.net/doxy/group__Date.html#ga57
>
> That's one ugly time string and I would love to be able to hide it from
> the user.

It's the XSD standard for UTC time and users of the CLI will need it supported
so that they can cut and paste from the XML. CashUtil will support it amongst
other date formats and it's own - just like GnuCash uses a pop-up calendar,
CashUtil uses a shorthand for dates.

QOF_UTC_DATE_FORMAT is and will remain a standard QOF format.

> Unfortunately the QOF_UTC_DATE_FORMAT value was shoved into
> the middle of an existing enum instead of added at the end, so in fixing
> the gnc-date-format widget I had to expose it to the user.

It cannot be removed for a v.good reason.

> I don't
> really have a clean method of hiding it at this point without adding a
> bunch of hack code to gnc-date-format.c to strip out the middle value of
> an enum.

Don't hide it. It does not mean you have to use it.

> > It's on my TODO list to overhaul the QOF date handling but not
> > immediately (i.e. not in the current 0.6) - probably for 0.7. As the file
> > states, it's in quite a mess but I haven't had time to do anything other
> > than tweaks so far.
>
> When you do, please make sure to check the date widgets in src/gnome-
> utils to make sure they continue to work.

Naturally, any changes to QOF files will be tested within the GnuCash tree. I
now have a FC3 system I can use to check changes prior to commit and Debian
unstable is due to be fixed in a few days.

--

Neil Williams