Testing locale change from gnucash 1.8 to gnucash-g2

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Sun Sep 25 06:32:09 EDT 2005

> > What lead me to believe this is a trace I added in
> > xaccAccountSetName, in src/engine/Account.c

[...]
> > --------
> > void
> > xaccAccountSetName (Account *acc, const char *str)
> > {
> >    char * tmp;
> >

> >    printf("xaccAccountSetName: %s\n", str);
>
> ? The actual source code doesn't use printf:

The printf is the trace I added (locally).
[..]
> >    * gnucash-g2 seems to write the xml files in ISO-8859-1, whatever the
> > locale used to launch gnucash (at least on my machine). I don't yet
> > understand why.
>
> I've just tried that on my system and I can find no char set conversion - it's
> output as UTF-8.

That's strange. Which letter did you use in your test that was not ASCII
? Did it have a different encoding in ISO_8859-1 and UTF-8 ?

> >    * The code pointed by Neil
> > (fprintf(out, "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n"); in io-gncxml-v2.c)
> > is not called when you save a gnucash file.
>
> ??? Umm, it is:

I'll dig in this code later. The test I made is to add a printf in the
routine and see if it is executed when I save a file. But maybe I did a
wrong manip there.

Didier.