gnc-trace module numbers

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Mon Sep 26 22:34:03 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 21:34 -0400, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 18:51 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I'm looking again at gnc-trace because I want to make it less GnuCash
> > specific.
> [deletia]
> > Make gnc_log_modules (which is probably best as just a default) into a setup
> > call for a GHashTable and dump gncModuleType altogether?
>
> Sure, that'd work.  Probably best to have module identifiers be strings
> rather than numeric values (ints or shorts or whatever).

Agreed.  Numeric values require coordination between applications.
String values don't need to be coordinated if each app/library uses a
distinct string prefix.

> But why does QOF need to reimplement a logging solution?  What about
> using glib's logging instead?  Or log4c?

I read Neil's question as one of what to log, not how to log.  How to
log is clearly the g_log functions from glib that gnucash already uses.

David