test-lots and test-period fixed

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 07:39:01 EDT 2005

I've got a commit to do soon that will fix test-lots and test-period - there
were bugs in some of the objects that didn't check that a valid pointer was
being passed before trying to modify the object.

A few if(!xx) { return;} were needed and a few other tweaks.

I've also tweaked the output for test-freq-spec and test-lots as these run for
a long time. They will now output an updating message during runtime showing
the progress through the test.

I've also removed libguile.h from all except two tests (those use scheme) -
this made debugging the tests far easier for me.

test-lots now runs without a segfault and all I got is this message:
FAILURE engine-stuff test-engine-stuff.c:700 get_random_int_in_range failed
but that doesn't cause the test to fail.

After I got it working, I reduced the number of iterations from 100 to 30 so
that it took a more reasonable time to complete.

I made the changes in cashutil and will commit them across later. Here's part
of the summary:

Executed 27 tests. All tests passed.
PASS: test-commodities
Executed 37 tests. All tests passed.
Composite months test OK, cleaning up . .
Executed 33246058 tests. All tests passed.
PASS: test-freq-spec
Executed 1 test. All tests passed.
PASS: test-group-vs-book
Executed 500126 tests. All tests passed.
PASS: test-guid
Executed 34 tests. All tests passed.
PASS: test-job
Executed 1 test. All tests passed.
PASS: test-load-engine
FAILURE engine-stuff test-engine-stuff.c:700 get_random_int_in_range failed
Executed 61 tests. There was 1 failure.
PASS: test-lots
Executed 25 tests. All tests passed.
PASS: test-object
duude XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX prices
Executed 1 test. All tests passed.
PASS: test-period
All 21 tests passed

:-)