Logic ideas - 5 levels.

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 09:57:53 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 2:11 pm, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 11:56 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > I want cashutil to provide this prototype because it can be modified
> > without changes to the gnucash codebase.
>
> [...]
>
> > This is how the logic is to be separated from the UI. The checks and
> > balances in the current GUI code will be relocated, often to the object
> > itself, and made available to any process that registers that object.
>
> I can't reconcile these two statements; it seems you have to relocate
> gnucash logic/source to try this out.  What are you proposing?

A bit like QSF and qof_book_merge and indeed cashutil itself. To keep things
small and simple(r) I copy current sources into a new tree for testing. It's
much like creating a branch. I work with only the files I need for the
current critical area, making development faster.

> I'd like
> to see an existing dialog of moderate complexity in terms of these
> rules.

Nothing yet, I've got other things to solve first. I'll post when I've got
some real code.

--

Neil Williams