gcc 4

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 15:56:28 EDT 2005

I'll be adding a test to configure.in to add -Wdeclaration-after-statement
when using gcc4.

The current tests only add it if gcc --version is in the 3. series and later
than 3.4 - it fails to pick up that 4.0 is larger than 3.4
:-)

I was testing the build and realised that it was missing on Debian and present
on FC3.

Just added this:
     else if test `echo ${GCC_VERSION} | cut -d. -f1` -ge 4; then
        # This is gcc == 4.x.x
        warnFLAGS="${warnFLAGS} -Wdeclaration-after-statement"
        fi

(Only mentioning it here because there's so much else in the next commit - the
logging ID change has meant patches to C files all over the tree, probably
more than 100).

--

Neil Williams