GnuCash Concept Guide

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Apr 3 10:04:57 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 17:24 +0900, Bengt Thuree wrote:
> Just wondering what the plan/progress is for updating the various
> documents for 2.0 (Concept guide for instance).
>
> Any special area that needs help?
> Any wiki place which tracks the progress of this?

I think a wiki page would be a good place to keep track of what has
been, and what needs to be, done.

The text itself should be mostly current, though a critical re-reading
would be good to make sure that it's still aligned with the way things
are implemented and displayed.  I think a semi-important thing to do is
update (and perhaps add to) the screenshots, as well as creating the
master data-file used to source the screenshots --- it can be annoying
when details keep changing because all the screenshots are taken from
ad-hoc data files.

On a related note, I'm developing a script for a "introduction to
gnucash" screencast that I'll be recording ... hopefully this week, as
it's part of a preso I'm giving to my local LUG in a couple of weeks.
I'll post a draft of the script and details later this week.  I'm
intending that the screencast itself can go up at www.gnucash.org for
interested parties.

--
...jsled