[Patch] Conversion of old data files

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Apr 13 05:01:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 11. April 2006 23:46 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> here comes my first try to tackle the problem of data files created
> by GnuCash prior to version 1.9, which tend to miss encoding
> declarations.

great! thanks a lot. I hope other people will already review that; I have time
next week, but not before that.

> * We need a string freeze in 1.9.5. Please correct every string, I
>   am no native speaker. I cannot even guarantee correctness of the
>   content ;-) Strings that are missing? At least the final druid
>   page. There is a translatable list of encodings typically used in
>   a locale, please cry now if you really do not like this
>   (Christian, what do you think?)
>
> PS: I will have less spare time the next weeks, but it should be
>     possible to get this in 2.0, right?

Well, in my opinion this is a *must* for 2.0, so we have to plan the 2.0.0
release in a way so that this feature *will* be included. I hope some of the
native speakers will proofread the strings as soon as possible. Once the code
with the strings is in, we can and should make the string freeze release.
Then, 2.0.0 can be planned for approx. 4 weeks after the string freeze. And
this "old data file importer" surely has to be double-checked a lot until
2.0.0 so that we are really sure everyone with 1.8 datafile can safely use
2.0.0.

Christian