GnuCash Guide CH8

David Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 17:00:14 EDT 2006

Attached is a TAR of the updated screen-shots for GnuCash V2.0 Guide for
Investing chapter (currently 8).  Also included is the SVN -DIFF.

I've tar them as it is already 2+M.

At this point I believe I've collected all of the obvious problems with
this chapter, except FINANCE::QUOTES.  That section needs to be reworked
but should not require screen-shots. At this time I believe that other
sections need more attention.  There is lots of work that could be done
to expand the investing chapter, the TO-DO list probably should be the
repository or BZ.

I've added details on creating a new security/commodity and sell stock
at a loss (I know I have problems getting that setup - expect I'm not
the only user to lose money on a stock).

I took Bengt's advice and worked a consistent data file through the
entire chapter.  I didn't send the file but it is available if anybody
wants it.  One issues with that process is it is time consuming to
roll-back if you want to change an earlier shot.

There are a couple of new image files, all the older files should be
replaced.

I'm most interested in comments on the stock sales area.

Dave