Preference dialog parameter questions

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Apr 18 15:42:42 EDT 2006

Am Freitag, 14. April 2006 16:41 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > Preferences : Online banking

All these preferences have tooltips that should (more or less) explain what
they do. If the tooltips are not sufficient, they need to be extended. (But
not during string freeze.)

> > Use bayesian matching
>
> For OFX/HBCI: whether to use bayesian-style matching to map
> transaction description text to previous imports to determine account
> names.

... instead of a simpler rule-based matching algorithm, that is.

> > Match display threshold
> > Auto-add threshold
> > Auto-clear threshold
> > Commercial Cash Machine fees threshold
>
> This is the delta-amount for ATM fees to auto-match the amount of the
> transaction.

All that is in the tooltips.

> > Preferences : Register
> > Draw horizontal lines between cells?   --->>> Should this not be rows
> > instead???? (But have not tested it since I am at work in windows world)
>
> Yes, this should be rows.

The english string needs to be changed. However, we are now in String Freeze
and the current string is not completely wrong, only slightly unclear. I
noted this string change to be changed once we are out of string freeze
again, on http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze

Christian