Reports and Startup screen

Bengt Thuree bengt at thuree.com
Tue Apr 18 22:41:34 EDT 2006

Hi

When everything have stabilized after the release of 2.0, what are the
plans for reports and a possible overview screen?

On the IRC the other week or so, the idea of changing the reports internal
output to XML, and then have various stylesheets to create XHTML, PDF,
TXT, CSV or type XYZ (read as whatever) was floated.

I really like this idea, and it definitely would would solve the issue
with exporting reports to whatever format the user might want and need.

It should also be possible to create hyperlinks in the reports which would
take you to another report detailing this figure, and in the end the
transaction itself.

The other thing I would like to see, is a nice overview with
1) Account balances
2) Forcasted balances over the next few months/weeks?
3) Stock movements
4) Top stocks
5) Upcoming transactions
etc
Of course customizable...

Is this something that might be of interest, and if so, would definitely
be happy to help out (as much as my small daughters allows)

/Bengt