r13800 - gnucash/trunk - Two string fixes.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 19 15:51:27 EDT 2006

Am Dienstag, 18. April 2006 20:05 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Author: warlord
> Date: 2006-04-18 14:05:14 -0400 (Tue, 18 Apr 2006)
> New Revision: 13800
> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/13800
>
> Modified:
>    gnucash/trunk/ChangeLog
>    gnucash/trunk/doc/tip_of_the_day.list.in
>    gnucash/trunk/src/report/standard-reports/register.scm
> Log:
> Two string fixes.

For the record:

Yes, this has been a string freeze breakage, and according to
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze those are not allowed until after
2.0.0 is out. However, in this particular case Derek asked the translation
manager (=me) on IRC before committing, and he and I and all on IRC agreed
that these two particular changes are unavoidable and are allowed as an
exception. Especially the "What's new in 1.8" of course needs to be changed
into "... 2.0". That is why these two string changes have been allowed
although we are in string freeze now.

For further string changes the procedure as outlined on
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/String_Freeze is in effect. In particular:

* If you think a new feature is desperately needed right now, ask on the
gnucash-devel mailing list and be sure to state that the feature requires a
violation of the string freeze. If there is no objection from the other
developers and the translation manager (Christian Stimming), an exception to
the string freeze might be allowed, but it is highly unlikely that this will
happen.
* String Freeze violations that haven't been asked for on gnucash-devel will
be reverted. Period.

Christian