OSX Port?

Adrian Simmons adrinux at perlucida.com
Fri Apr 21 05:51:17 EDT 2006

Eric Adams wrote:
> Excuse me if I just didn't look around enough to find details, but has
> anyone started on an OS X port of gnucash?
As mentioned 1.8 is available via Fink:
http://pdb.finkproject.org/pdb/search.php?summary=gnucash

And once 2 is released it probably will be too...

But it can indeed be a hard task getting it installed for normal users - it
might be worth thinking in terms of making a binary dmg as is done for Gimp:
http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

Still dependent on X11, but you could work on integrating it better with
Apple's printing system, for instance.

I'm not a GnuCash developer, but moving it to Aqua sounds like a tough task
for one person in one summer.

--
Adrian Simmons (aka adrinux) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at perlucida.com>