price editor and tiaacref

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 22 15:15:55 EDT 2006

I may have twisted my system again, so I'll ask here before going to
bugzilla.

svn13825 will not retrieve quotes from TiaaCref. I have successfully
retrieved quotes from TiaaCref with the 1.9 series. Whichever version
I had built on February 8 did succeed. I don't think I have tried
retrieving quotes between then and now.

Gnucash 1.9.5 finds Finance::Quote 1.11, but reports:

gnucash: [D] (handling-request ("tiaacref" "CREFequi" "CREFstok"))
gnucash: [D] (results (#f #f))

in the terminal window, along with the warning dialog in the normal
UI about not being able to retrieve quotes for these symbols.

The TiaaCref server is up, as I can retrieve the current quotes via
gnucash 1.8.11.

Curiously, even with the 1.8.11 install, 'dump-finance-quote tiaacref
CREFequi' fails, even though gnucash successfully retrieves quotes.

gnc-fq-dump in the 1.9.x tree also fails to retrieve results with
tiaacref.

Quotes requested from yahoo and vanguard are successfully retrieved.

I do have many possibilities for incomplete communication in my
setup. Finance::Quote is installed in the system perl place (/Library/
Perl/5.8.6/Finance/Quote). Gnucash 1.9.x is installed in /opt/gnucash-
svn/bin, with gnome dependencies from fink in /sw. Nothing in /opt is
in my Path. To run 1.8.11, I swap complete fink trees via a script
from one of the fink gurus, giving me gnucash 1.8.11 in /sw from a
fink install, along with the older gnome parts.

Suggestions?
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net