gnucash on alpha

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Fri Aug 11 15:57:33 EDT 2006

Here is a list of the differences between a successful Debian build of
gnucash for powerpc and for alpha.  I have no idea which of these may
be significant, but perhaps one of them will produce an "aha! that
can't be right" from another developer.

The only thing that leaps out at me is that the alpha build is
including qthreads, and the powerpc build is not.  This makes sense,
because qthreads works on i386 and alpha, but not powerpc.  Or perhaps
qthreads doesn't actually work on alpha!

Thomas

build and host system type
  PowerPC: powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu
  Alpha: alphaev68-unknown-linux-gnu

Maximum length of command line arguments:
  PowerPC: 32768
  Alpha: 65536

Byteordering
  PowerPC: big endian
  Alpha: little endian

qt_null
  PowerPC: Found in neither -lqthreads nor -lqt
  Alpha: Found in -lqthreads

guile libraries:
  The same, except that Alpha has qthreads and pthread; PowerPC does not.

g-wrap libraries
  The same, except that Alpha has qthreads, pthread, and ffi; PowerPC does not.

_FILE_OFFSET_BITS for large files:
  PowerPC: 64
  Alpha: none needed

CFLAGS: