Compile Failure -Trunk - Revision 14688

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:21:53 EDT 2006

I am now trying to get gnucash trunk going on my FC 5 system (GNU/Linux
x86).

I used:

#=====================================
./configure --enable-ofx  --enable-compiler-warnings

# I cannot get past this error from make:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/gnucash_trunk/src/gnome-utils'
rm -f gnc-dir.h.tmp
sed < gnc-dir.h.in > gnc-dir.h.tmp \
    -e 's:@-GNC_ACCOUNTS_DIR-@:/usr/local/share/gnucash/accounts:g' \
    -e 's:@-GNC_GLADE_DIR-@:/usr/local/share/gnucash/glade:g' \
    -e
's:@-GCONF_SCHEMA_CONFIG_SOURCE_DIRONLY-@:/usr/local/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults:g'
mv gnc-dir.h.tmp gnc-dir.h
svnversion: error while loading shared libraries: libaprutil-0.so.0: cannot
You're building from SVN...  But your build system is broken
Don't do that.   Complain to your build-system creator.
make[3]: *** [_gnc-svninfo.h] Error 1
#===============================

I have looked everywhere for ANY reference in the source tree (and all my
pkgconfig *.pc files) and cannot find a reference to that library anywhere.

I am using apr-util-1 which has an entry in the pkgconfig system.  I might
try renaming the file, but there must be something else wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder