GDA: A few questions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 8 23:10:59 EST 2006

Quoting Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:

>> The main difference is the root..  SXes all live in their own AccountGroup,
>> separate from the CoA.   Why do you need anything special?  Why can't you
>> load the SXes too?
>
> I can.  I need to look into how AccountGroups are used.  Right now, what
> happens is that the sx accounts show up in the CoA.  Hmmm...  The sx
> accounts have no parent, but I am also not saving/restoring any
> indication of which AccountGroup each account should belong to.  I guess
> I need another boolean indicating whether the Account is in the template
> account group or the CoA account group.  If there can be more than these
> account groups in the future, perhaps something more general is
> required, though there is no identifier in an account group.

No, a boolean is the wrong thing.  We need DavidH to finish the AccountGroup
removal which would add a new account type, a TopLevel account.  This would
replace the root accountgroup.  Then you'd have the different accounts
based on the (new) root accountgroup.

I dont know what David hasn't merged into trunk, yet.  Once he does, you
could pull up those changes onto your branch.

Regardless, a boolean is DEFINITELY the wrong answer; what happens if
down the road we add something that adds a third accountgroup?

-derek