GDA: current status

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Dec 10 00:30:14 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-09 at 23:38 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:

> But what if the last MM/DD of a month falls on a Thursday, wouldn't
> LAST WEEKDAY mean that?   E.g. 11/30/06 is a Thursday.  Wouldn't
> LAST_WEEKDAY result in 11/30?  How would I specify "last friday"
> (which should result in 11/24)?

Seems like the original example may have been an unfortunate choice. The
way I read Chris' statement, any of the following would work:

  {11/03/2006, PERIOD_LAST_WEEKDAY, 1}
  {11/10/2006, PERIOD_LAST_WEEKDAY, 1}
  {11/17/2006, PERIOD_LAST_WEEKDAY, 1}
  {11/24/2006, PERIOD_LAST_WEEKDAY, 1}

It sounded to me like PERIOD_LAST_WEEKDAY says to take the specified
date, convert that to the day of the week, and then find the last
instance of that day of the week in the specified month.  Then again, I
haven't read the code so this is all sheer speculation on my part.

David