QOF->GObject Plan

Daniel Espinosa esodan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 17:10:18 EST 2006

Well it takes me too much of my free time, but it's here:

The attached plan in OOo writer format, describes the considerations,
analisys, implementation plan and aditional comments derived to allows
QOF to be based in GObject.

As the results this is my conclusions:

Most of the actual QOF objects have an equivalent in GDA, then I plan
to derive from it a new one that implements the actual QOF API. This
is not an easy work, but if the idea doesn't change I'll do it, even
if I consider it is an unnecesary work.

Exist too much functions not used in the actual GC code, need be
removed becouse this library will never be exported.

May is time to consider to deprecate the actual File backend and
construct some utilities to automaticaly convert this to a SQLite file
(it isn't a trivial XSLT convertion but a set of functions to get the
data and store it to the database using GDA).

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)