gda-dev does not compile

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Thu Dec 21 09:29:32 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-18-12 at 14:37 -0700, Mark Johnson wrote:
> 1. It should use the username and password from the connection rather
> than requiring them on the command line.

It should allow them on the command line to override what is in the
connection but not require them.  If that is not the case, it is a bug.

> 2. The Save button should be removed (second choice: grayed out) from
> the toolbar as things are saved when entered.  So the db should not
> require the user to press the Save button.

In a later message, someone (Derek?) said that the Save button should be
greyed out with the GDA backend because the book is never dirty.
Perhaps the same code which adds the "*" to the title bar if the book is
dirty can also enable the Save button iff the book is dirty.

> 3. After entering one transaction in my "checking account" (a deposit),
> I noted that my account balance was still zero.
> 4. The post_date and enter_date fields in the transactions table contain
> the values 0000-00-00.

This is due to a bug in libgda.  I reported it and it is fixed in their
CVS version.

> 5. When I restart gnucash, it re-opens the same database correctly.  The
> checking account still shows 0 balance, and the deposit.  When I quit
> this, I get a warning dialog about not saving changes.  Like the Save
> Button, I should not see this dialog as my data have already been saved.

I agree.  There are still a few places where this message is displayed.

> Question: should I be filing bugs in bugzilla?

No.  It is too early.  Just post them via e-mail.

> For number 5, the following was output on the terminal:
> Implementation missing: database_constraints_update_list() in
> gda-dict-database.c line 1167
> Implementation missing: database_constraints_update_list() in
> gda-dict-database.c line 1167
> Compiled: SELECT * from gncInvoice WHERE
> ((book.guid='a53bbf78c7837cc17992f81c7dad4dd9') AND (is_posted?=1) AND
> (posted_lot.is-closed?=0) AND (type~='Invoice') AND
> (date_due<='2006-12-25'))
> gda_run_query(): SELECT * from gncInvoice WHERE
> ((book.guid='a53bbf78c7837cc17992f81c7dad4dd9') AND (is_posted?=1) AND
> (posted_lot.is-closed?=0) AND (type~='Invoice') AND
> (date_due<='2006-12-25'))
> Implementation missing: parsed_create_global_query_field() in
> gda-query-parsing.c line 1204
> Implementation missing: parsed_create_global_query_field() in
> gda-query-parsing.c line 1204
>
> I am concerned about the "Implementation missing" messages.  I am using
> version 1.99.1 of libgda.  Any idea what these messages are about?
> Could they be the cause of some of the above problems?

I'm concerned too.  I hope they go away when libgda 2.0 is released.

Phil