gda-dev; new libgda version

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 28 14:06:33 EST 2006

Quoting Daniel Espinosa <esodan at gmail.com>:

> 2006/12/28, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu>:
>> Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca> writes:
>>
>> > A new version of libgda has been released.  It is 2.99.2.  They have
>> > bumped the ABI version to 3.0.  Consequently, libgda-2.0.pc is now
>> > libgda-3.0.pc.  Therefore, after upgrading to libgda 2.99.2, the build
>> > in gda-dev branch fails.
>>
>> Was there even ever a libgda-2.0 stable release??
>
> No, becouse a library name conflicts with the actual 1.2 series.

Well, that's a non-sequitor..  I have no idea what a library name
conflict with a previous release has to do with a stable release of 2.0.
Keeping in mind that there never WAY a libgda 2.0 release, I don't see why
you needed to jump up to 3.0.  *shrugs*  But not my project.

>> I guess it depends if GDA is going to be optional or not.  We could
>> do something like what libofx does in terms of AC_MSG_WARN vs
>> AC_MSG_ERROR
>>

> Or compile conditionals like in GDA, when it doesn't find a .pc file
> for a specific provider it ignores it and just compile the existing
> one.

Um, I dont think you understand here.  If there is no libgda then there's
no way to compile even a conditional, because e.g. libgda.h wouldn't
exist to compile against!  It's not a question of what backends GDA supports.
It's whether GnuCash supports GDA at all!

> Must be compiled using 3.0 (or beta) becouse the 2.0 never will see
> the streets.

Okay, that makes sense.  Then 3.0 it is.