tarball POTFILE.in errors; 1.9.0 next Sunday proposed (was: Proposal: Release 1.9.0 today)

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Wed Feb 1 16:07:19 EST 2006

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:37:20AM -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> What about:
>    #4. Any source file we version control but don't distribute, we
> also don't want to translate.  According to intltool-update, those
> files should be listed in POTFILES.skip.  This makes the --maintain
> mode of intltool-update more useful.  And, the only magic needed in
> make-gnucash-potfiles is "ignore the files listed in POTFILES.skip."

BTW, this is independent of whether POTFILES.in is under version
control or not.  Either way, it's still generated, and we don't want
to remove obsolete files from the generated POTFILES.in by hand
everytime.

If the generated file is in SVN or if it's not, either way,
make-gnucash-potfiles shouldn't output files we don't want to
translate.

Sanity checking the contents of POTFILES.in in the distcheck-hook also
makes sense either way.  Now, if someone removes a file from dist
without removing it from svn or marking it obsolete in POTFILES.skip,
it will cause make distcheck to fail, well before the tarball is
built.  This actually makes sense because the problem would only show
up in the tarball, not when building from svn.

-chris