Icons

Andrew Duggan cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 3 00:58:36 EST 2006

Hi,

Chris Lyttle wrote:
> First, thanks for your work on this Andrew, new icons were badly needed.
> My comments;
> I like the transfer, open, trash and account icons. The ones I dont
> really like are the close and split icons. Close I would rather just a
> simple 'x' in black rather than the reversed button you have. The split
> just looks like a lightning bolt and doesn't suggest 'splitting' to me
> at all. Perhaps if you overlayed a small 'tear' on the account icon this
> would suggest splitting the account to a user?

I think that's a good idea you have about the tear overlaying the account
icon for the split icon. I'll work on that and add it to the bz.  The trash
is just a blue version of the Tango trash icon so maybe you just want to
take the gtk-delete or gnome-stock-trash, and let the gtk theme handle it?
Same thing on the open.  For the open icon I could substitute part of the
account icon for the paper. I'll try that and if looks anything near OK
I'll add it to the bz.

The close icon is being taken from the "gtk" theme, that's just the one I
made up really for myself. I probably should have switched my gtk icon
theme to gnome default before taking the screen shots.  So you can ignore
it, the gtk theme supplies it. FWIW, I when I was making that icon it kept
looking like a monochrome cancel button until I did the reverse
white-on-black thing.  My goal was for it to look similar to an upside down
  and color-neutral version of the Clearlooks 2 Metacity focused window
close box.

As for the new and delete account icons what do you think about just a
green "+" on top of the account instead of the yellow blob, and a red "X"
in the lower right for the delete?

Thanks,

Andrew