compiling gnucash2 on FC5-devel (gcc 4.1.0)

Andrew Duggan cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Sun Feb 5 00:11:16 EST 2006

David Hampton wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 23:12 -0500, ag381597 at ohio.edu wrote:
>
>> 1) in src/engine/gw-engine.c (which it appears may actually be generated at some
>> point from scheme code?), a variable was passed an an argument to a function
>> before being initialized, so I simply initialized it to a constant of the
>> appropriate type:
>
> As stated earlier you need g-wrap 1.9.6 to compile cleanly under gcc4.x.

ag381597 at ohio.edu:

If you want or need I have a g-wrap-1.9.6 packaged for FC4 and
FC5T2/RAWHIDE.  I broke it up into two src rpms (one for g-wrap) and one
for this libffi library that it seems to want.  Even though g-wrap-1.9.6 is
the only thing that looks like it needs this libffi, I split it out just in
case to avoid conflicts.  The srpms are only about 1MB total.

Andrew