[Gnucash-changes] r13105 - gnucash/trunk - Emit all used namespaces; add XML datafile schema.

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Feb 5 14:37:34 EST 2006

--On February 4, 2006 11:34:46 PM -0500 Chris Shoemaker
<c.shoemaker at cox.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 06:56:57PM -0500, Joshua Sled wrote:
>
> FYI,
>         nXML shows the following for my datafile:
>
> <sx:last> "Unknown element"
>
> <sx:templ-acct type="guid"> "Element not allowed in this context"
>
> <sx:deferredInstance> "Unknown element"
>

>   <slot>
>     <slot:key>hbci</slot:key>
>     <slot:value type="frame"/>  "Empty content not allowed"
>   </slot>

Out of curiosity I tried opening this in Arbortext's Epic editor (a
heavy duty XML editor).  The most obvious problem was that it opened it
as freeform because there isn't any noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute
on the top level element.  You should add two more attributes to this
element:

     xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.gnucash.org/XML/gnc-v2"

The URL is, of course, arbitrary in the second one.

When I added these (and a catalog to map the URI to the DTD), Epic
found the DTD, but it complained about a number of errors in it.  I
haven't tracked them down yet.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6