htdocs and the newest news.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 10 09:28:16 EST 2006

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> But, as of now, what is the feeling on the simplified site?

Looks pretty good to me..  I think we're going to want to get
the wiki to "look and feel" like the gnucash site pretty soon...

> (I'm also going to create some scripts to automate various stages of the
> translation handling, improve the README and other bits.)

I'm a bit concerned that the translations are done via php.
when I'm working on a web page I don't want to have to make sure
I get my php quoting syntax correct.  I just want to write the
text.   This is ESPECIALLY true of the news content, which IMHO
should just be a text datafile.

(I'll note that my abhorrance of PHP isn't as pronounced as your
abhorrance to scheme -- but it's pretty close -- I'm at least willing
to LOOK at php code ;)