compiling gnucash2 on FC5-devel (gcc 4.1.0)

warlord at MIT.EDU warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 10 15:06:19 EST 2006

Quoting Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>:

> warlord at MIT.EDU (warlord at MIT.EDU) said:
>> Yea, I noticed this myself.  Apparantly building g-wrap-1.9.6 depends on
>> glib-devel..  I fixed it myself by changing the glib to glib2 in
>> configure.in, running 'autoconf', and then re-running configure.
>
> Actually, this always made me curious - how does pulling both
> glib1 and glib2 into the same address space *not* cause problems?

Honestly, I don't know.  I've never seen it cause a problem.  In fact
all my development (on FC3) has used g-wrap 1.3.4.   Unforunately the
g-wrap-1.9.6 configure script doesn't properly detect the lack of glib1,
so it tries to build it even when it's not able to (which is the cause of
the g-wrap build error).  I'm not sure whether gnucash2 requires the g-wrap
glib bindings...  But you can certainly build g-wrap against glib2 with
that small configure modification.

Unfortunately Rotty has been unresponsive to my emails to him, which is
a problem.  I can't get 1.9.6 to work at all on solaris -- libffi fails.
Rotty, if you're reading this -- Please Help!