Extending the GNC-Event enumeration (QOF API Change?)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 10 18:04:41 EST 2006

Neil,

I need to extend the list of events in qof/gnc-event.h to add
at least two new events (I'm not sure what to call them, yet).
I'd rather get them into the QOF code now rather than need to
figure out how to get them in later on when I find the time
to rework the events in the register, etc.

So what's the best way to go about this?  The events I'm
going to want to get are to handle:

  container_member_added
  container_member_removed
  container_member_changed

Note that there's an ADD and REMOVE already, but these are currently
used to handle the reshuffling of accounts in the account tree.  I
want to specifically get events when a transaction is added to an
account or removed from an account (or when a GncEntry is added or
removed from an Invoice).

This way we can differentiate between changes made to an account via
the Edit Account dialog and changes made to an account through the
register.

I guess the /biggest/ problem is that the event enumeration list
is part of the QOF API and not very extensible.  :(

So, what do we do here?