compiling gnucash2 on FC5-devel (gcc 4.1.0)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 12 00:56:54 EST 2006

Quoting Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com>:

> Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) said:
>> > For the FC5 devel tree, you only need slib; it works without umb-scheme.
>>
>> I don't have FC5t2 installed so I was unaware that you finally pulled
>> slib out.  Which version of slib are you installing?  There's a
>> problem with 3a2 if that's what you're using.
>
> 3a1.
>
> Bill

Ahh... Perfect.  3a1 should work great.

Bill, would it be too much to ask of you to build (require) g-wrap 1.9.6
for FC4 and FC5 with gnucash 2?   We're still debating what to do about
gcc4 + gwrap1.3.x.   Pretty much the only Distro that has this combination
is FC4 (and FC5t2)...  If you're willing to upgrade g-wrap then this isn't
an issue and we can AC_MSG_ERROR() the combination.  If you're NOT willing
to upgrade g-wrap, then we kind of have to deal with the situation by
loosening our compiler warning restrictions.

FC4,5 is the only OS with this issue....  So it's kinda in your hands.
What do you think?