some news coverage and the custom web report

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 06:32:26 EST 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 10:34 am, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi all,
> And there is also a slashdot entry
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/09/1853239 , posted by someone
> I don't know, and (of course) the slashdot "community" of trolls and
> slashers and a small minority of serious discussions doesn't have too
> many friendly things to say. Surprisinly enough, a non-negligible
> fraction of comments is relatively friendly and even seems to have
> understood the point of an "unstable release, intended for developers
> and tester", in stark contrast to the majority of "first post" comments

One interesting comment from Josh:
Well, we use gtkhtml for rendering the reports, which emit html. While we used
to have it setup to do "arbitrary" browsing, I'm pretty sure that's not
working in 2.0. It [abritrary browsing from w/in GnuCash] is certainly not a
direction the current devs are interested in going.

As the "Custom Web Report" isn't working in svn (I've checked - it prints
messages about wanting a replacement library), shouldn't we just remove it?

--

Neil Williams