Error making pot file.

linux at strigen.com linux at strigen.com
Thu Jan 5 00:53:33 EST 2006

>>> needed
>>>
>>> Try it with revision 12246.
>>>
>>> When files are removed from the source tree, POTFILES.in needs to be
>>> updated.
>>> I've committed a simple modification to the make pot command that
>>> automatically rebuilds POTFILES.in so that it's updated before make
>>> needs to
>>> use it.
>>
>> Going back and reading this, I think this was a point of confusion for
>> me.  You wrote `make pot` but I think you meant the
>> make-gnucash-potfiles rule.
>>
>> -chris

 NO, I've been reading through this big load of replyes on this mail
 today....

 What I have been doing everytime after i have updated from cvs is:
 (this is since i'm downloading by sattelite connection to a memorystick,
 and then are transfering it to my laptop.)

 1. putting all the svn files in a "new" directory (incase the build fails
 i'll have a backup)
 2. run configure .......
 3. make
 4. make install as root
 5. Checking in the po directory that the gnucash.pot file doesn't exist.
 and then the "magic"
 6. MAKE POT from the toplevel directory, and THAT was the one that failed.
 7. merge the old and the newly created po / pot files (in the po dir)

 I have not run the make gnucash-potfile rule.

 I thought someone here earlyer said that running only the make pot from
 the toplevel dir. would be enough.

 Tor Harald.