gnucash-2.x crashes on reading 1.8.x datafile

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 6 16:52:08 EST 2006

Quoting Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de>:

> Am Freitag, 6. Januar 2006 15:44 schrieb Martin Klaffenboeck:
>> >  > When opening the old 1.8 data file, gnucash crashes.
>> >  > (console output below)
>> >
>> > Ooops! This must not happen.
>
> As suspected: Gnucash-SVN crashes on startup if gnucash-1.8 had one of the
> reports opened that have been renamed in SVN.
>
> To reproduce: Start gnucash-1.8. Open the "Income & Expenses" -> "Profit &
> Loss" report. Leave the report open and close gnucash. Then start
> gnucash-SVN. Boom.
>
> Derek...? You know the report loading code better than me :-)

Hmm..  gnucash2 uses a completely different technique for determining
which reports are open, so it shouldn't matter what reports exist at
all!   Josh and David were the ones working on rerunning reports in g2.
IMHO all 1.8 report settings should be ignored when upgrading to g2.