gnucash-2.x crashes on reading 1.8.x datafile

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 6 17:52:47 EST 2006

Quoting David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>:

> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 16:52 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Hmm..  gnucash2 uses a completely different technique for determining
>> which reports are open, so it shouldn't matter what reports exist at
>> all!   Josh and David were the ones working on rerunning reports in g2.
>> IMHO all 1.8 report settings should be ignored when upgrading to g2.
>
> If a g2 state file isn't found, then g2 will read the 1.8 state file.
> The idea was to try and have a seamless upgrade between the two
> versions.

But how do you handle the MDI information in 1.8->g2?  In 1.8
the list of open reports was stored in the ~/.gnome/GnuCash MDI
information file.  Does g2 read that?  Or does it infer the list
of files based on the contents of the ~/.gnucash/books/ files?

Unfortunately we really need a good way to handle report name
changes....